Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The 16-Dollar Tree Wedge

I finally bought a sand wedge. It's made by a company called Lynx and the retail price was $25 but I had a coupon so I got it for about $16 including tax. I took it out for a spin the other day, during Sunday twilight. As soon as I landed in a bunker, I tried it out. Unfortunately, this is what happened:


The red dashed lines represent how many swipes I took at the ball, only to have it shoot back and roll down into the sand. So much for cheap sand wedges. Hubby said I needed to open the club face. I told him he needed to close his mouth.

I did discover that the 56-degree loft on the club is useful for lobbing balls over trees, which is something not even my 50-degree U wedge could do:


In all fairness, though, I realize I need to work on my bunker technique. Either that, or keep the ball off the beach.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment