Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rain Delay

I was supposed to play golf yesterday but it rained. It was the kind of Monday when nothing went as planned. Things got done but they weren't the things that were supposed to get done. Today, the skies started out gray and I had planned to do the things that went undone yesterday. Instead, Seri called at 8:30am and wanted to play golf. The forecast said rain but the radar said otherwise. So I agreed to meet her at 9:30 to see if we could walk on.

She and Bea had gone to the range all day yesterday and practiced while it rained and had lunch and talked shop. But they didn't get to play, so I could tell Seri was jonesing to get out there. Bea had to work today, so I could just imagine how she felt. Like a lion in a cage.

Seri and I didn't get on till 11am. We weren't the only ones suffering from a golf deficit because of yesterday's rain. Today, the weather stayed gray till the afternoon, and then the skies cleared and the big fluffy white clouds rolled in. I didn't do anything I had planned to do today. But I did get to do some things I wanted to get done. It was that kind of day. A nice Tuesday when I shot a 103 at a course where I usually score more than that.

A par 3 on the back nine at Pine Ridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment