Saturday, February 4, 2012

What Color Are Your Balls?


Mine are a dull pink. I thought this would make them easier to find on the golf course. And they do, sort of. If everyone else is playing white balls, then I can spot my pink ball easily, as long as we’re on the putting green. In the rough, my pastel pink balls tend to get obscured by the leaves and pine needles. My balls are the same kind of natural pink that can appear on mineral-streaked rocks.

Don't get me wrong. My balls are definitely pink. But yesterday I played with a woman who has really pink balls. They were a hot, flaming, no-mistaking-it-for-pink kind of pink. A neon pink almost. A Precept pink to be exact. They were so easy to spot. Even poking out from a tuft of grass, you could easily spot that bright pink.

Now I have played with white balls (ho hum) and purple balls (talk about hard to find). I’ve even played with yellow balls, which you think would stand out like a stoplight, but on a sunny day, they blend into the grass like a Van Gogh brush stroke.

But pink is really my favorite ball color. Oh, how I want those hot pink balls I saw yesterday. And I will buy them, as soon as I finish the 3 dozen chalk pink and yield-sign yellow balls I bought on sale last Christmas.

Face it, pink is in. Even the guys are getting into pink. Just look at Bubba Watson’s hot pink shaft. (Driver shaft, that is.) I think it's only a matter of time till the men play with pink balls too.

No comments:

Post a Comment