Monday, March 27, 2017

Another New Course Record

Saturday began with an inauspicious "Windows is preparing to install updates... " error message on my hubby's laptop. An hour later, the message was still there.
   "We have to leave in 30 minutes to make our tee time," I said. "Can you just turn off your computer?"
   "It says, 'Do not power off your computer,'" hubby replied.
   "If we leave it running while we play golf, what if it overheats and explodes and burns the house down?" I said. I often worry about such things before going to play golf. I worry that I've left the coffeemaker on and it will explode and burn the house down. Or that I've left the freezer door ajar and everything will melt and a pool of liquid will soak through the kitchen floor.
   "It's not going to explode," said hubby.
   "I don't want to leave it running all day," I said.
   "But it says not to turn it off," he said.
   "What do you think will happen if you turn it off, it will explode?" I said. "Maybe we should just cancel our tee time."
   Finally, hubby rebooted the laptop contrary to the screen command not to, and the updates installed quickly and smoothly and we made our tee time just in time.

   It was a good thing, too, as I ended up playing pretty well and I shot an 88, a course record for me at this particular track in northern Baltimore County.

   Here's one of my approach shots with the scenic rolling hills in the distant background.


The greens were aerated, which was a bonus if they happened to align straight with the putting line. But when they ran diagonally to my putting line, I just got dizzy and confused.


Still, I made enough putts to score respectably low. I have to give some credit to my newest club in my bag. I recently traded in my old G20 regular flex 3-wood for a new G25 senior flex 3-wood to match the G25 senior flex 5-wood hubby bought me last year.  (Keep in mind that the Ping G25 series is actually already discontinued, but I can't afford to buy the absolute newest clubs all the time. I can only afford them after a price drop or two.) Whether new or just new to me, I must say that the equipment upgrade helped my game. The clubs really do seem more forgiving and hit straighter than my old ones.

Or maybe I just felt relaxed and confident, knowing that hubby's laptop wasn't going to explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment