Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Golf Resolutions for 2017


Happy New Year (a few days late)! This will be brief since I only had one resolution last year:

#1Get fit for golf.  How did I do? Well, my forearm tendinitis is gone, and my gluteal and leg pains have improved but not disappeared. However, I did manage to log 20 or so rounds of golf in 2016, and I held steady with a 17.6 handicap at the end of the season. I managed to break my course record at one of my local haunts with an 88, and I shot an 87 at another local course, tying my personal best there. I even managed to gain some distance off the tee. So, I suppose I was fit enough for some golf in 2016. 

For my new year's resolution, I want to continue the trend and keep it simple:

Resolution #1: Stay fit for golf. While I'm being phased out in physical therapy, I've started up another golf strength training weekly session at the gym, added some Pilates reformer sessions and even signed up for monthly massages. In the off-season, I'm focusing on building up core and upper body strength, while working on rotational flexibility too -- these are all important to the golf swing.

It looks like a cold winter ahead, so I may not post a new update till spring. The pictures in this post are from New Year's Day, when it was unseasonably warm and hubby and I shared a small bucket of balls. Even though I haven't swung a club for 2 months, I managed to get off a decent shot or two. And I didn't hurt myself. A good omen, I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment