Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Perfect Golf Push Cart

Over the summer, I got used to "riding the wagon" because I didn't want to risk heat stroke by exposing myself to the blazing sun without a roof to duck under. Now that temperatures are falling again, I too have fallen "off the wagon." Last week, I called on Dodi, a fellow aficianado of perambulatory golf, to go for a walk, hopefully not spoiled.

We were matched up with two Korean guys who looked to be in their 30s. As the only girl in the group, I felt free of the usual air of competition since I was the only one hitting from the red tees. Guys tend to be less chatty on the course, so the quiet helped me focus, and it felt great to be out in the open, with only a few pesky stinkbugs to contend with.

I made one very memorable birdie on a par 3. The tee grounds were staggered so I was alone on the tier for the red and yellow markers, and I hit my 7-wood so pure it landed on the green and bounced to within 6 inches of the hole. Knowing my putting lately, the birdie wasn't a sure thing, but I was able to make the short putt for a glorious little 2.



The course felt longer than usual with my heavy old Bag Boy golf cart in tow. I have often thought about getting a new golf cart for walking, but I am still not sure if any of the current offerings on the market would meet my needs.

Here's just a short list of what I'd want in my perfect golf cart:

- remote control with simple voice commands (Stop. Go. Find my ball.)
- teflon-coated wheels to resist sticky clumps of mud and goose poop
- built-in laser range finder
- built-in water dispenser, coffee dispenser, and PEZ dispenser
- pop-up mini tray table for roaming picnic capability
- cup holder
- half-unwrapped granola bar holster
- iPad holder
- weight under 3 pounds
- one-click opening and closing
- car trunk footprint smaller than a shag bag
- can function as a shag bag when not in use as a push cart

It would also be nice if my dream cart came in cool colors like lime green or hot pink. But that's probably asking too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment