Saturday, August 25, 2012

Golf Travel



Hubby and I went away on vacation and played golf on four different courses in two weeks. I had been looking forward to a euphoric time alternating between golf and relaxation by the beach. The reality is that unless you lug your golf clubs on a plane, it’s kinda hard to play with equipment you’re not used to playing. We didn’t have time to hit the range, so it would take me half a round just to get used to the different sets of clubs I had to use. I was guessing at distances with the woods and fumbling with the wedges. It was like cooking on an electric stove when you normally cook on gas.

I felt like a fool in paradise, playing resort courses which were beautiful to look at but scarring on the golf soul. I took a lot of pretty pictures but took home terrible scores ranging from 106 to 116. While I enjoyed my time at the ocean, in terms of golf, it was not a dream vacation, and I couldn’t wait to get home to my old set of Pings. As soon as I could, Bea and I met up to play our local favorite, Fox Hollow. I shot a 98, thank goodness. Back in the under-100 bracket. 

Don't get me wrong. It was nice to get away. But when it comes to golf, it’s good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment