Saturday, June 9, 2012

Dude Looks Like a Lady

It's hard enough to hit a golf ball wearing golf shoes. Try doing it wearing a pair of high heels. That's exactly what I did this afternoon at the High Heels for Hope Long Drive Competition benefiting the House of Ruth. The event took place at the Pine Ridge driving range. For $5 a ball or $20 for five balls, men and women alike teed up to support a great cause. Some highlights:

Hmm, looks like somebody needs to shave?

Or, maybe not.

Shoes courtesy of DSW.

Nice finish!

People lined up for the chance to hit balls wearing high heels.

Wedges don't count, but it's nice to support the charity.

Knee-highs are optional.
I brought my own shoes and didn't fall over.
I knew I wouldn't win this competition, since 220 yards was the woman's yardage to beat. But it was a novelty to try hitting a ball in heels. It's actually a lot harder that you'd think. But then again, I find just walking in high heels a tough task. Hubby was going to do it, too, but he tweaked something in his back the last time we golfed. Likely excuse. Well, maybe we can try again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment